onsdag 14 mars 2012

Museum of Tolerance!

Never did I think Museum of Tolerance would be on my mind today, but it is. The reason being the book I have mentioned previously. Namely: the Freedom Writers. I had just finished the last book and started reading the new one on my way to school. Just two pages in my eyes got watery. Hey, what's going on I thought to myself. You're in a public place! This isn't the place to start crying, especially not on the train to Stockholm. I composed myself. Stop being a crybaby! Then it happened again yesterday. My eyes got watery and my lips started trembling. Not again I thought to myself. However, the reason is that the story is so captivating and intense and I really love it. My might wonder why I started talking about the museum of tolerance at the beginning of this post, but this place just made everything so real to me. I have been there and I can put myself in the students shoes. I have no way near the same experiences as they have, but at least we have this in common. I could relate to some of the feelings they were having at least.

I visited this place a long time ago, probably 2001, but I still remember going on that trip with a club at my College and I remember the entrance very clearly. There were two doors, choose which one you think you should enter. 1 is for prejudists 2 is non-prejudists. The point was that door no. 2 was closed. That is, we are all prejudists in one way or another.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar