måndag 13 februari 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Birthday Gustav!

A free day! What to do? What to do? Clean? Not really! I do have to read Once in a House on Fire. It's going alright, after a slow start. The first 60 pages took two weeks to read, but then I realized I have to read about 40 pages per day to finish it on time. Unfortunately, this past weekend was a really slow reading weekend. Too many other things on my mind and well basically I was partying rather than reading. I'll have to make up for the lost reading time each day this week :D Marvelous! The sun is shining so it will be nice just laying on the couch covering page after page.

I think I'll add some quotes that I enjoyed from the book:

"only the eyes stood out, during the first two weeks: sly ones slit and on the lookout  for a touch of softness  to rough up; round ones blinking wide, nowhere to hide." A short glimpse into the school world, which at times could be compared to the "wildlife programmes (...): fierce cats lurking behind bushes, muscles poised to pounce on knock-kneed deer".


andrea_ashworth.jpg

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar