tisdag 21 februari 2012

It's Happy Pancake Day!

Today's title has completely nothing to do with what I'd like to speak about. I've been digesting books on ethical dilemmas in the classroom. I find this a quite interesting topic for several reasons. 1. we often make too quick decisions 2. we have seldom reflected on our decision beforehand 3. dilemmas arise in schools everyday and I need to be prepared to handle those with a professional attitude as a teacher.

I'll be over at the nearby high school tomorrow and it looks like I will sub a few classes. It will be fun and interesting I think. It is kind of awkward to be a teacher student because it feels like you have hawk watching every step you make. Even though it is fortunate to have a teacher supervising you it still feels like big brother's watching you. It is sort of a power struggle especially since two of my supervisors have been my age or younger. It just feels odd somehow.

Other than subbing I'm also supposed to find an ethical dilemma the next few days. I have some ideas, but it might be interesting to see what will turn up in during the next couple of days. Somehow I'm going to analyze this and write a paper on it. It could be fairly difficult, I'm not sure yet. I think my biggest problem will be to limit myself to the 2500 words we are allowed to use. Ouch! trouble lurking! he he I wish I could use a quote by one of my English teachers "I have no idea how many pages you need to write down what you want to write, but if you feel it is too short then it is probably too short and if you feel it is too long then is too long unfortunately". Unfortunately for me, in this case, 2500 is the golden number this time around. last week I ended up writing 3-4 pgs too long as well as turning the paper in a day too late. Not that good!

Anyway, those are my magic words for today.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar